Friday, July 27, 2012
ONE YEAR!!!!!!
I still can't believe it. Hannah turned 1 on Wednesday! It was just a normal day, we just stayed home and hung out. We decided to leave the festivities until this weekend, partly because I know how much Dan hates celebrating birthdays and I didn't want to give him an extra reason to gripe this weekend. It seems like she's grown up a lot in the last month. She's always been a big talker, but this month she's taken it to a whole new level, and has even started saying real words. She's said Dada- no Mama, of course:( - yucky, uh huh, she waves and says "Ba", and my personal favorite-Quack, which is really more of a Cack since she can't make the qu sound. Her Aunt Chandler had a stuffed duck and Hannah picked it up and started quacking at it! And ever since, whenever we ask her what a ducky says, she gets a huge smile and starts quacking up a storm. It is so cute. She can walk about 10 steps by herself, but is either too lazy or too unsure of herself to really walk. She is still nursing, much to my chagrin. She really has no interest in quitting. I've cut back to just 4 times a day-before and after sleep- and she doesn't really like it. She gets really mad at me, but I'm trying to be strong. Hopefully I'll be able to cut back even more over the next few weeks. She has come out of her shell a lot lately, and is becoming quite the ham. She's hilarious on Sundays at church. Last Sunday she started practicing her monologue in the car and put on a very amusing show for everyone sitting behind us. She loves to tell very loud stories whenever it's quiet. She also loves when the sacrament gets passed down our row, and will scream if you try to skip her, which always reminds me of how her cousin Brigham was at this age. He would watch the deacons like a hawk and get really mad when he thought they were taking to long. When we're at home, I have to be sitting on the floor with her 98% of the time, otherwise she freaks out on me. It's probably the most annoying thing she does. And in my opinion, it's even more annoying when Dan's home, sitting on the floor, trying to play with her, and all she does is come over to me and whine until I sit on the floor. Apparently she thinks I don't have any need to be comfortable. Ever. She doesn't even really care if I'm actually playing with her, she just wants me to be uncomfortable. She also got 2 new teeth this month, which puts her at a total of 6, 4 on top and 2 on bottom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment